Wednesday, December 5, 2007

A germ fest life savior

When we were home for Thanksgiving our planes got changed. We were suppose to have our normal 3 1/2 to 4 hour flight(that is including a layover) that we normally have but the first flight got changed so we were going to miss our connector to GR. So they got us on another flight that went to Atlanta then to GR. The only good thing about our trip home was that PJ and I got to sit in first class on the first flight. If I wasn't pregnant I just might have ordered a beer. We had a three hour layover in Atlanta, this is after we got to the airport in Charlotte early b/c we flew out on Wednesday and thought it would be really busy and take forever to check in. Well we got to the airport and there was no line anywhere. I have never seen that airport so dead. We checked in and got through security in 15 minutes. So we had already sat in the airport for a couple hours prior too Atlanta. Well then our flight got delayed and I think we ended up sitting in Atlanta for like 4 1/2 - 5 hours. That is a long time for any adult to sit there let along and 10 month old. Good thing Pete was flying with me this time. Well they had a little area for kids to play on. I think all public kids toys are disgusting but at that point I did not care. It entertained PJ for a while, I just kept the wipes close by and cleaned his hands often. We ended up getting in Michigan and like 11:30 pm and we got to Charlotte airport at 2. That is 9 1/2 hours in an airport. Too long. Thanksgiving was wonderful though and we had a great visit.



No comments: