Friday, August 29, 2008

Joe's Baptism





We had to squeeze one more thing into our month long trip to MI. Since we are still members at Corinth Reformed we were able to get Joe baptized. It was great to have all our friends and family celebrate with us. We had it in the evening service then after we went to Pete's parents house for dinner. I counted and we had a total of 47 people come over afterwards (that is including a bunch of kids). We were having BBQ and had picked up 48 buns. We only had one lonely bun left at the end so that worked out well. I know that 3 (couples) of our friends did not come for dinner which would have sent someone to the store to buy more buns. So in a way thank you to some of our friends for not coming. Even though we would have loved your company. It was a busy but great day. We pray that Joe will someday want to accept the Lord as his personal Savior. It is awesome to know that the Lord is protecting and watching over him. We are truly blessed to have great friends and family that believe what we do and can celebrate in these type of occasions. Thanks to all who came.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Annie!
It looks like everything went well for Joe's baptism. We really wished we had been able to celebrate with you and your family. I was in Mason for my 10 year high school reunion and didn't get home in time. :(
I hope all is well in North Carolina.
Take care Annie!
Suzanne

Cari said...

What a celebration! I love baptisms. I get tears in my eyes everytime I see one. Praise God!