Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Officially Michiganders again

For those of you who have not heard yet, we have moved back to MI. Just after Thanksgiving Pete and I went down after Thanksgiving and packed up the rest of our stuff. I made a lot of trips that week. I rode down with Pete on a Saturday, packed up Sunday and realized that we were not going to fit everything in. So I headed back up with the truck on Sunday afternoon. I got stuck in the Holiday traffic for a few hours so I had to stop overnight and then got home on Monday around noon. Got my haircut, emptied the truck and saw my boys for a little bit. Then Tuesday got in the truck and rode back down with his dad. It took like 13 hours for some reason so it was another long day. Packed up stuff on Wednesday and headed out that afternoon. Made it about half way and stopped overnight. Got home on Thursday for good. So Saturday-Thursday I was traveling and I was so sick of it. But I am SO glad my traveling days are over. It is SO nice to know that I do not have to make that trip again unless I want to go visit someone. Which is not going to happen anytime soon. I am so THANKFUL for ALL our safe travels over the past 2 1/2 years. There was never any accidents or major car problems. A few break downs but it was always a quick fix. I only got pulled over once, one of my last trips up there, but did not get a ticket. Living in NC was a great experience and I am glad I got live there but I am really glad to be back by friends and family.

Joe helping me pack
Joe playing Peek-a-Boo
Saying good by to my good friend Vonda and her kids
Joe riding in the truck with Pete, getting ready to head out with a work load.
My mom came down to make the last trip with the boys cause Pete had to work
Boys LAST morning in NC (November 22, 2009)
I must say that is was one of our best trips with the boys.
They were such troopers over the past few years.
Then this is what you get when you move. Since we kinda
downsized again I needed to find room for all our crap.

We are settled now and it is feeling like home again.

No comments: